News & Events

National Night Out 2012
Join us for this year's Texas Night Out Against Crime!

Accident Reports
We've gone digital and our accident reports are now available online!

Marble Falls Most Wanted
The Marble Falls Police Department needs your help!

Marble Falls Municipal Court
You can now pay your City of Marble Falls citation online!!

You can now search and pay your warrant online!!

Public Information Requests
Need records? Make a request for records!

The Marble Falls Animal Control has pets available for adoption!



Frequently Asked Questions


Q. How do I request a copy of an incident report?

A. You can request a copy of an incident either in person or by mail. All requests need to be in writing and contain information such as date of offense and party involved. If you are another law enforcement agency or a business, please fax your request on your letterhead.

Q. How long does it take to process a request for records?

A. We have ten business days to process your request.

Q. How much does an incident report cost?

A. Anything under ten pages is free. Anything ten pages or more is $.10 per page. If the requested record is over ten pages and you are requesting your report by mail, we must receive payment before we can forward the report to you.

Q. Will I be receiving the entire report?

A. No, you will only be receiving the public information portion of the report. This portion gives you the date of offense, location of offense, time of offense, individuals involved (unless they are juveniles) and a brief synopsis of what occurred when the officers arrived on scene.

Q. How do I find out if I have a warrant?

A. To find out if you have a warrant, search the Marble Falls Municipal Court Warrant Registry Online or contact their offices at (830) 693-7173 anytime Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 5pm.

Q. How do I obtain a restraining order?

A. To obtain a restraining order, please contact the District Clerk's Office at (512) 756-5420

Q. What is the phone number to the Marble Falls Driver's License Office?

A. The phone number to the Driver's License Office located in Marble Falls is (830) 798-3222.

Q. What is the phone number to the Marble Falls Vehicle Registration Office?

A. The phone number to the Vehicle Registration Office located in Marble Falls is (830) 798-3220.

Q. I was stopped for speeding and asked the officer to see the radar, he/she refused.  Is this legal?

A. Yes, it is legal.  There is no state or federal law that requires a Texas police officer who stops a motorist for speeding to show the radar readout.  An officer may if he/she chooses, however, there are many valid reasons why the officer may not want a motorist near the patrol car on a traffic stop (weapons in the patrol car, traffic safety issues, speed may not be locked in, etc.)

Q. I was told that my traffic stop was recorded by a video camera mounted in the patrol car. How can I view the video?

A. You will need to contact the Patrol Captain or the on-duty Patrol Sergeant to make arrangements to view the video (traffic offenses only).  Video appointments are taken on Tuesday’s and Thursdays and can be scheduled at a time convenient for you. 

Q. I called the police to report a crime and I told the officer that I think I know who did it. Why has this person not been arrested yet?

A. Law enforcement cannot make arrests just because someone believes that someone else may have committed an offense.  A police officer must have probable cause to believe that the accused person committed the offense and must be able to reasonably prove this to a judge.  All citizens are entitled to due process and law enforcement must be ever cognizant of an accused person’s rights.

Q. How do I find out how much my traffic ticket will cost?

A. Search the Marble Falls Municipal Court Citation Database or contact thier offices at (830) 693-7173 anytime Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 5pm.

Q. How do I find out which Investigator is assigned to my case?

A. Contact the Criminal Investigations Division at (830) 693-3611 anytime Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 5pm. If after hours, you may contact our Communications Center at (830) 693-3611 and a Communications Officer MAY be able to assist you with your request.

Q. How do I get a Criminal Trespass Warning issued?

A. To have a Criminal Trespass Warning issued, call the Marble Falls Police Department to have an officer respond at the time the trespasser is on the property or in the vicinity.

Q. How do I cancel a Criminal Trespass Warning?

A. To cancel a Criminal Trespass Warning you have requested, bring proper identification to the Marble Falls Police Department and ask to speak to an officer. Only the person authorizing the Criminal Trespass Warning can cancel it.

Q. If I disagree with an Officer’s traffic crash report, what can I do?

A. Officers are traffic crash report takers only. They assess each crash on a case by case basis. Officers make a determination as to the contributing factors in the crash, but they DO NOT determine fault. If you disagree with the final crash report, you should contact the officer to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies. You should contact your insurance agent and/or an attorney.

Q. Do I need an alarm permit?

A. Any individual (Business or Resident) who installs an alarm system within the city limits of Marble Falls must obtain an alarm license through our department. Alarm License Applications can be obtained by contacting the Marble Falls Police Department at (830) 693-3611 or by clicking on the following link: PERMITS & LICENSING

Q. Does the Police Department unlock vehicles?

A. No, the Police Department will not unlock vehicles as a matter of routine but we will contact a wrecker service to perform the unlock for you.  If the vehicle is running or if an animal or child is locked inside, officers do have the means to force entry into the vehicle as a last resort.

Q. Can I have one of your agency's patches or will you participate in trading patches?

A. Our agency no longer gives out our shoulder patches nor participates with police patch exchanges.






Home  ::   Divisions  ::   Records  ::   Statistics  ::   Contact Information
Copyright(c) 2012 Marble Falls Police                                                                                        Site Credits: To Imagine